Monday, November 21, 2011

Another hair and makeup question before going to a salon...?

So I have my appointment at a fancy (for me) salon to have a style and color. I am a newbie, but old, near 50. Should I wear my hair like I usually do it so they can see how I look, or just casual. I am not wanting a drastic new style, but just a fresher look and with the coloring......should I wear my normal light make-up or go without. I was told that they will suggest colors according to your skin color. I hope these questions don't seem too silly, but any helpful answers would be appreciated. Obviously, I am a little nervous about this event. Thanks!Another hair and makeup question before going to a salon...?
Wear your hair as you usually wear it so they can assess which way it falls, or sits (they can cut hair any way you want it to be cut but at the end of the day, the hair has to be capable of sitting a particular way and your stylist needs to see if it will be capable of doing so).





Also, wear the kind of clothes you wear every day (don't dress up in something that isn't normally you), and try not to wear something with a high collar that might get in the way of scissors.





Also wear the makeup you normally wear, not the makeup that they would suggest.





The hairstyle has to suit you, your style, your kind of clothing and your personality, and if you show them your personality, usually they will be honest in letting you know whether the style of you've selected will fit in with the look you already have.





If you're set on having the look you want, they will do it anyway, but it seems to me your questions are based around making sure you have yourself prepared so the end result is perfect for you.





Good luck at the Salon, I know you will come out looking a million bucks ;)Another hair and makeup question before going to a salon...?
these are deffinitly not silly questions. My hair stylists always tells me to come in however I want. I think you should go in how you would normally do your hair and makeup and show them what you are working with. this will help them see already what you know and what you use, and will help them in finding whats most suitable for you! and dont be nervouse, change is always good! good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment